STRIVE, THRIVE, ALIVE with DORIE

STRIVE, THRIVE, ALIVE with DORIE
You are what you eat, what you think, what you do.

Friday, August 24, 2012

Grandkids and Callydoodles

2 of my 5 grandaughters were visiting with me several weeks ago, and as per my usual 'Dodo' activities, we decided to make cookies! The older of the 2 grandaughters, who considers herself most wise and authoritarian is Jaycee.
The younger middle of the pack child, Cally, who is going through the 7 year old geekypest stage and is AKA as 'little Dodo' wanted chocolate chip cookies (my personal choice ;)
But the older one insisted that they were too sweet. She chose Snickerdoodles (to me the sweetest cookie going but nobody asked me ;) This of course outweighed Cally's choice. Enter sad face, she's used to coming in second or third place :(
Enter happy face! Cally said 'Let's put chocolate chips in some snickerdoodles.' What a great idea, Cally YAY! How to make 2 girls happy with one recipe. I'm all over it. Until....Enter my BIG sad face...
I look in my cupboard and have no shortening, no butter, very little flour and no eggs! Chocolate chips I have plenty. So this is what any THRIVE grandma would do...
I get out Butter powder, Rice flour, Egg powder and Shortening powder, all in my THRIVE homestore. I mix them Snickerdoodles up quick!
(just tilt your head to the right to copy)
Roll them in cinnamon sugar...
Dot them with chocolate chips...
And Voila' you have CALLYDOODLES!! And 2 happy grandaughters! You can fill your own Homestore with these recipe lifesavors right here.
Now just add Milk! Or THRIVE instant milk if you have run out!!

No comments:

Post a Comment