STRIVE, THRIVE, ALIVE with DORIE

STRIVE, THRIVE, ALIVE with DORIE
You are what you eat, what you think, what you do.

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

30 Minute Rolls ~ YUM


30 Minute Rolls

Making homemade rolls is suddenly easy with Kelsey's new recipe.

Prep Time
30 minutes
Yield
12 servings
12
Ingredients
3 1⁄2 c warm water
6 T instant yeast
1 c oil
3⁄4 c granulated sugar
1 T thrive iodized salt
3 T thrive whole egg powder (reconstituted)
3 T additional water
8 c thrive whole wheat flour (approximate)
Instructions
*Preheat oven to 400 degrees.

*Use a mixer to combine warm water, instant yeast, oil, and granulated sugar. Let rise 5 minutes until bubbly.

*Add remaining ingredients to bubbling mixture. Mix well and roll out.

*Form dough into rolls and let rise approximately 15 minutes.

*Bake for 10-12 minutes until golden brown. Cool and serve.

Notes
Dough can also be used for pizza crust


I'm trying these out tonight. I used regular flour and only 3T yeast. We'll see how it turns out...

One hour later, ((burp)) Best rolls I've ever had!

2 comments:

  1. I was wondering about the yeast in the roll recipe. It seemed like a lot but you said you substituted regular for the fast-acting. Anymore info on that?

    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes. I used Red Star yeast, 3 Tablespoons instead of 6. However, I did use white flour instead of whole wheat. I will be trying out the 30 minute whole wheat rolls later this week and I'll report back!
    ~Dorie

    ReplyDelete