STRIVE, THRIVE, ALIVE with DORIE

STRIVE, THRIVE, ALIVE with DORIE
You are what you eat, what you think, what you do.

Saturday, January 22, 2011

The seven minute miracle!


They say 'things can change in a heartbeat'. 'Life can turn on a dime'. Well I want to share my 7 minute miracle with you.

In my journey to bring Food Storage out of the closet (!) and into the light of the kitchen, I was invited to do a little presentation for a non partisan political group. Wow! ME one of the featured speakers!! Anyway, with a bit of trepidation I arrived to find a room full of concerned citizens from all walks of life and from all parties.

Now you have to understand that I studiously avoid such gatherings. I prefer to keep my opinions and views to myself and not be constantly challenged to debate them! Not that I was challenged here. It was mostly men after all and they were old enough to remember to be polite to a lady.

So with my heart a thumpin', I began my 7 minute speech on my new business as a Shelf Reliance/THRIVE consultant and the importance of 'being prepared'. It was supposed to be brief so I didn't give them much more than what I give you on a blog! I sat down thinking "No one clapped. I must have really sucked!"

Fast forward to the end of the meeting.

I had 7 men and 1 woman sign up to know more/host a party (well I called it a 'product demonstration' instead! They are not exactly the 'Mary Kay' crowd!)

And yesterday I had my first customer purchases which were large enough to boost my status ranking from a 'consultant' to a 'mentor' and qualify me for quite a bit of free product for myself and a real commission next month! And my first 'product demo' is scheduled for next Friday.

I am now OFFICIALLY open for business!

Which just goes to show you how much can change in 7 minutes!

2 comments: