STRIVE, THRIVE, ALIVE with DORIE

STRIVE, THRIVE, ALIVE with DORIE
You are what you eat, what you think, what you do.

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

MIND CONTROL



Do you ever wake up in the morning and feel like this? This picture looks like joy, excitement, anticipation, success. In short, positive thinking. This is how I used to wake up every morning when I was young! Yay! The sun is up! Yay! It's raining! Yay, whatever.

Positivity is attractive and I don't mean that in a physical, vain way. I mean it in a magnetic way. What you think about you bring about, so I've heard. So I have to tell you about what happened this month in my business and what I brought about.

Last month was INCREDIBLE! Lot's of activity and sales and a nice commission check that from day one I had set my goal to achieve. THEN I heard myself say (and I told myself inside my head to bite my tongue but I didn't) that I had not had one cancelled party or one party of no sales. And it's true, because up until then I didn't! Oh smug me. Pride goeth before a fall...

So now what do you think has happened? Yep, for the first time in 5 months I have had 4 cancelled or postponed parties and one with no sales and one with no guests showing up. I know, I know. It happens. I'm just trying to make a correlation between my own cause and effect. You see, in my mind up until now, I was leaning forward with my business, focused, blinders on. Determined, unwavering, positive. I could feel it in my head even!

Until I broke that sales record last month and then sorta let go. And said those boastful words.

So I am 6 days from the end of the month. I have achieved my personal sales goal to maintain my rank as a Director. And my team is beginning to take off. We are about $3000 from my team sales goal. Can I regain my positive, forward momentum and overcome the setbacks in time?

I will tell you in 6 days if the power of positive thinking has been reactivated in my mind and I have overcome the shackles of doubt.

My mantra this year has been 'Be of good cheer'. I say it everyday except the last couple weeks. Point taken.

So now it's time to forget myself and go to work!



No comments:

Post a Comment