STRIVE, THRIVE, ALIVE with DORIE

STRIVE, THRIVE, ALIVE with DORIE
You are what you eat, what you think, what you do.

Sunday, January 1, 2012

HAPPY THOUGHTS ON SAVING TIME



One of the dearest persons in my life has stated that her New Year's Resolution is to make better use of her time. Such a wise idea! You know the last time I looked there were still only 24 hours in a day and a lot of those are devoted to sleep and video games. (Well one is a definite necessity!) We'll never be able to squeeze 8 days out of 7. It just can't be done.

I remember someone said once that Donald Trump has the same number of hours in a day as we have and look what he's done with them! I think you get where I'm going or where I'm coming from.

Time! It rushes by, never to return. In the end we will all be rewarded with a complete memory of every moment we spent. Or wasted. Or missed out on.

Now that's a scary thought! Moments we could have spent in meaningful endeavors, conversations, activities, gone.

If I can free up time in the kitchen, without a personal chef (which I can't afford), or 3 meals a day at restaurants and fast food joints (which I also can't afford, takes just as long to drive to town and puts wear and tear on my tires and a big tire around my waistline) and I want complete nutrition to boot, THRIVE is the obvious solution.

What I've prepared so far for my family using the convenience of THRIVE freeze dried and dehydrated food, has been quick, delicious and well received. Less time in the kitchen preparing means more time in meaningful endeavors, conversations and activities.

Babies don't stay babies. Toddlers become teens. Parents grow old. And 25 or 50 or 100 minutes more per day to make a memory I will treasure is a priceless gift.

Time. What are you doing with yours?

1 comment: